Apply for a Visa
The international student information form is required to begin the visa process for all non-U.S. citizens or non-U.S. permanent residents enrolling at Thayer School.
If you are in need of an I-20, we will process this information online within a couple of days of receiving your Intent Form (and deposit check for M.E.M.s). Once you receive the paperwork and have filled it out you may send it back via mail, fax, or email a scanned document. You will also need to provide the following:
- The International Student Information form
- Copy of admissions letter with financial aid award information
- A photocopy of your passport photo ID page, and renewal page if needed
- Financial evidence if you are using personal or outside funding or loans to pay for tuition and or living expenses
- If you are currently enrolled at a U.S. school, or have been enrolled during the past 5 months, the Transfer Verification Form must be completed and returned with copies of current I-94 card and current I-20 form. This separate form is available upon request from the International Office.
Once we have the information back from you we will forwarded it to the International Office where it will be processed as quickly as possible and sent back to you via express mail.
For specific visa questions please visit the Dartmouth Office of Visa and Immigration Services website.