Job & Internship Search Tools
Whether you are looking for a job or an internship, there are a variety of search strategies available to obtain your dream position. Please read our recruiting and networking policies before beginning your job or internship search.
TARGETING EMPLOYERS THROUGH NETWORKING
- LinkedIN - An online networking and resource website with over 38,000 Dartmouth alumni. Check out these groups: “Thayer School of Engineering at Dartmouth” & “Dartmouth College Alumni.”
- Dartmouth Career Network - Provides access to thousands of Dartmouth alumni who have volunteered to advise students in their career and graduate school explorations.
- Upper Valley Business Directory - Resource for identifying employers to connect with in the New Hampshire and Vermont area.
- See where our students have interned for the past four years and a List of 2011-2016 Employers Hiring Thayer Grads
- The Annual Engineering Career Fair (September 29, 2016), Virtual Career Fair (held in February), West Coast Virtual Interview Day (held in the spring) and our employer information sessions (including alumni talks) are very effective when searching for internship and job opportunities. Check out ThayerLink and our Events Calendar for details.
JOB & INTERNSHIP POSTINGS
- ThayerLink - This is the best resource for finding full-time and internship positions--many provided by our alumni--posted through Thayer Career Services.
- engIN - pools engineering internships from eight top schools (Brown, Dartmouth, Lafayette, Olin, Smith, Swarthmore, Tufts, Union). engIN gives you access to 2,000 employers and 150+ internships just by clicking the “Jump To" button on Thayerlink
- DartBoard - Offers full-time positions and internships through Dartmouth Career Services. This site is available to all Dartmouth students, and is a great resource for "non-engineering" opportunities including many management consulting and finance positions.
- Liberal Arts Career NetWORK (LACN) – The Liberal Arts Career NetWORK (LACN) is a consortium of 31 top liberal arts schools whose mission is to maximize knowledge, technology and resources. Use LACN to search for full-time and internship opportunities.
EXTERNAL JOB BOARDS
- AngelList: Apply privately to thousands of startup jobs with one application
- Avention: Your global business browser (make sure you key in your Dartmouth ID and password)
- Buzzfile: "the most advanced company information database"
- Career Cornerstone Center: career planning resources for STEM majors
- Dice.com: Dice connects the best tech talent with job opportunities around the world.
- Hoover's & Vault: proprietary company profiles, industry information and rankings
- Idealist.com: for volunteer opportunities, nonprofit jobs and internships
- Indeed.com and/or SimplyHired.com: one search. all jobs.
- STEMN Jobs: Apply to hundreds of Aerospace jobs with one click.
- VentureLoop: job postings for emerging venture-backed companies and startup companies
Check out Thayer School Career Services on Facebook and our Weekly Bulletin for highlighted opportunities.