Thayer School's 2004 Investiture ceremony took place in Cook Auditorium in the Murdough Center on Saturday, June 12 at 10:00 a.m. The Investiture speaker was Rita R. Colwell, Distinguished University Professor at the University of Maryland, College Park and Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, and Chairman of Canon U.S. Life Sciences, Inc.
Please contact Thayer School's Academic and Student Affairs Office at (603) 646-3801 or email Daryl.Laware@Dartmouth.edu if you have any questions about Thayer School's Investiture program.
2004 Investiture Program
- Faculty Marshal: Francis E. Kennedy
- Student Marshal: William H. Shields D'03 Th'04
- Lewis M. Duncan D'55A, Dean
- Barry P. Scherr, Provost
2004 Robert Fletcher Award Recipient
- Dr. Rita R. Colwell, Distinguished University Professor at the University of Maryland, College Park and Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health and Chairman of Canon U.S. Life Sciences, Inc.
Remarks by Dartmouth Society of Engineers President
- Kathryn E. Miller D'97 Th'98
Recognition of 2004 Award Recipients
- The Dartmouth Society of Engineers Prize: Alexander D. Streeter, Benjamin R. Bollinger
- The Charles F. and Ruth D. Goodrich Prize: Hai Sun
- The Thayer School of Engineering Corporate Collaboration Council Engineering Design Prize: Curt A. Monaco, R. John Ring
- The Thayer School Faculty Award for Academic Excellence: Alexander D. Streeter
- The John C. Woodhouse Engineering Design Prize: William H. Shields
- The John C. Woodhouse Environmental Engineering Prize: Zhiliang Fan
- The Caroline Henderson Prize: Ashly K. Downey
- The Brieanna S. Weinstein Engineering Design Prize: Andrew P. Argeski, Brian M. Foley, Albert M. Kang, Zachary E. Pierce
- Special Faculty Award for Engineering and Service to Humanity: Matthew K. Sueoka
Excellence in Teaching Award
Outstanding Service Award for Staff
- Barbara E. Crawford
- Philip D. Tacy
Conferring of Hoods
- William Lotko, Senior Associate Dean for Academic Affairs
- Charles E. Hutchinson D'68A, Dean Emeritus
- Charles E. Wyman, Paul E and Joan H. Queneau Distinguished Professor in Environmental Engineering Design
Videotapes of the Investiture ceremony can be purchased from Computing Services. For more information please visit Videotapes on Dartmouth's Commencement website.