Thayer School of Engineering's 2008 Investiture ceremony took place in Spaulding Auditorium in the Hopkins Center on Saturday, June 7. The Investiture speaker was Richard W. Couch, Jr. '64 Th'65, CEO and Chairman of the Board of Hypertherm, Inc.
Thayer School Investiture is part of the Dartmouth College Commencement Program. Dartmouth's Commencement ceremony took place on Sunday, June 8 on the Green.
For questions about Thayer School's Investiture program, please contact Thayer School's Academic and Student Affairs Office at (603) 646-3801 or email Daryl.Laware@Dartmouth.edu.
- Faculty Marshal: Francis E. Kennedy, Jr.
- Student Marshals: Laura Weyl Th'08, Andrew P. Argeski D'06 Th'08
- Joseph J. Helble, Dean
- Barry P. Scherr, Provost
2008 Robert Fletcher Award Recipient
Recognition of 2008 Award Recipients
- The Dartmouth Society of Engineers Prize: Christina Behrend, Shiraz Cassim, and Matthew Pallone
- The Charles F. and Ruth D. Goodrich Prize: Luke Wachter
- The Thayer School of Engineering Corporate Collaboration Council Engineering Design Prize: Drew Branden, Scott Newbry, Augusta Niles, Kevin Olds, Eric Trautmann, and Michael Zargham
- The Thayer School Faculty Award for Academic Excellence: Kevin Olds and Michael Zargham
- The Thayer School Dean's Service Award: Laura Weyl
- The John C. Woodhouse Engineering Design Prize: Summer Gibbs-Strauss
- The John C. Woodhouse Environmental Engineering Prize: Benjamin Koons
- The Caroline Henderson Prize: Matthew Malvezzi
- The Special Faculty Award for Engineering and Service to Humanity: Kristen Lurie
- The Brieanna S. Weinstein Engineering Design Prize: Jessica Ogden and Jennifer Tate
Excellence in Teaching Award
Outstanding Service Award for Faculty
Outstanding Service Award for Staff
- Mark J. Franklin D'83 Th'85
- Tracy E. Rounds
Conferring of Hoods
- Ian Baker, Senior Associate Dean for Academic Affairs and Professor of Engineering
- Brian W. Pogue, Director, M.S. and Ph.D. Program and Associate Professor of Engineering
- Robert J. Graves, Co-Director, M.E.M. Program and John H. Krehbiel Sr. Professor for Emerging Technologies
- Kenneth R. Baker, Co-Director, M.E.M. Program and Adjunct Professor
- Erland M. Schulson, Chairman, Engineering Sciences Department and George Austin Colligan Distinguished Professor
- Graduates and faculty recess to Moore Theater for class photos. (Class photos will be sent to all graduates.)
Videotapes of the Investiture ceremony can be purchased from Computing Services. For more information please visit Videotapes on Dartmouth's Commencement website.