Thayer School of Engineering's 2012 Investiture ceremony took place on Saturday, June 9. The speaker was Bob Metcalfe, Professor of Innovation and Murchison Fellow of Free Enterprise in The University of Texas at Austin’s Cockrell School of Engineering.
Thayer School Investiture is part of the Dartmouth Commencement Program. Dartmouth's Commencement ceremony took place on Sunday, June 10, 2012 on the Green.
- Faculty Marshal: William Lotko
- Student Marshals: Alden C. Adolph '11 Th'12, Allison J. McKendry Th'12
- Joseph J. Helble, Dean
- Carol Folt, Provost
2012 Robert Fletcher Award Recipient
- Bob Metcalfe, Professor of Innovation and Murchison Fellow of Free Enterprise in The University of Texas at Austin’s Cockrell School of Engineering
Recognition of 2012 Award Recipients
- The Dartmouth Society of Engineers Prize: Conor C. Galligan '11 Th'12, Merritt J. Jenkins '10 Th'12, Eric S. Packer '12 Th'12
- The Charles F. and Ruth D. Goodrich Prize: Dermott J. McHugh '09 Th'11, '12
- The Thayer School of Engineering Corporate Collaboration Council Engineering Management Prize: Arjun Thampan Subramanian Th'12
- The Thayer School Faculty Award for Academic Excellence: Lucas K. Hussey '11 Th'12
- The Thayer School Dean's Service Award: Jennifer-Lynn H. Demers
- The John C. Woodhouse Engineering Design Prize: David M. McClatchy '13, Jay M. Vincelli, Stephanie A. Wolf '12
- The John C. Woodhouse Environmental Engineering Prize: Molly E. Grear '11 Th'12, Arianna Heiderer '11 Th'12, Kevin A. McGregor '11 Th'12, Zhiyan Wang Th'12
- The Caroline Henderson Prize: Allison J. McKendry Th'12
- The Special Faculty Award for Engineering and Service to Humanity: Elizabeth K. Chang Th'12, Amanda L. Christian Th'12, Christopher Ng Th'12
- The Brieanna S. Weinstein Engineering Design Prize: Laura C. Coyle '12
Excellence in Teaching Award
Outstanding Service Award for Staff
- Ross Gortner
Conferring of Hoods
- Ian Baker, Senior Associate Dean for Academic Affairs and Sherman Fairchild Professor of Engineering
- Alexander Hartov, Director of the M.S. and Ph.D. Program and Professor of Engineering
- Robert J. Graves, Director of the M.E.M. Program and John H. Krehbiel Sr. Professor for Emerging Technologies
- Erland M. Schulson, Chairman of the Engineering Sciences Department and George Austin Colligan Distinguished Professor
- Joseph J. Helble, Dean
- Graduates and faculty recessed to Moore Theater for class photos. (View and download the class photo on Flickr.)
- Graduates, faculty, and guests attended a reception at Thayer School after the ceremony.
Videos of the Investiture ceremony can be purchased from Computing Services.
For more information, contact the Office of Academic and Student Affairs at (603) 646-3801 or email Daryl.Laware@Dartmouth.edu.