About NSBE @ Dartmouth
"Excellence, Leadership and Service"
Re-Chartered in 2008, NSBE @ Dartmouth has grown to be the Dartmouth community's sole technical pre-professional group wholly dedicated to building a community of science and engineering scholars. NSBE @ Dartmouth strives to achieve its mission through the collaborative partnerships we have with the Office of Black Student Advising and the EE JUST Program run by the Office of the Dean of the Faculty.
NSBE @ Dartmouth's mission is "to increase the number of culturally responsible Black Engineers and Scientists who excel academically, succeed professionally and positively impact the community." As a Dartmouth student group, NSBE @ Dartmouth is committed to the principles of community that defines and governs Dartmouth.
The National Society of Black Engineers strive to accomplish the following objectives for our organization:
- Stimulate and develop student interest in the various engineering and science disciplines.
- Strive to increase the number of minority students studying engineering and science at both the undergraduate and graduate levels.
- Encourage members to seek advanced degrees in engineering or related fields and to obtain professional engineering registrations.
- Promote public awareness of engineering and/or science and the opportunities for Blacks and other minorities in that profession.
- Function as a representative body on issues and developments that affect the careers of Black Engineers and Scientists.
New and innovative project ideas are generated and implemented throughout the year on the chapter, regional and national levels. Some of NSBE's present activities include tutorial programs, group study sessions, high school/junior high outreach programs, technical seminars and workshops, a national communications network (NSBENET), two national magazines (NSBE Magazine and the NSBE Bridge), an internal newsletter, a professional newsletter (The Career Engineer, a supplement in the NSBE Magazine), resume books, career fairs, awards, banquets and an annual national convention.