Associate Professor of Engineering
Associate Professor of Engineering1-603-646-3671
- M.S., Radio Physics, Tbilisi State University (Sukhumi branch), Tbilisi, Georgia 1994
- Ph.D., Physical and Mathematical Sciences, Tbilisi State University, Tbilisi, Georgia, 1997
Numerical methods in computational electromagnetic; electromagnetic sensing methodologies; detection and discrimination of sub-surface objects; linear and non-linear inverse-scattering; induced geo-electromagnetic fields; micro strip antennas; photonic band gaps; near field optics; DNA sequencing; electrostatic discharge; magnetic nano-particles hyperthermia for cancer treatment and imaging
Current Research Projects
- Computational electromagnetics
- Label free genome sequencing
- Magnetic nanoparticles
- Unexploded ordnance (UXO) detection and discrimination
- F. Shubitidze, K. O'Neill, B.E. Barrowes, I. Shamatava, J.P. Fernández, K. Sun and K.D. Paulsen, "Application of the normalized surface magnetic charge model to UXO discrimination in cases with overlapping signals," Journal of Applied Geophysics, September 2006.
- F. Shubitidze, K. O'Neill, I. Shamatava, K. Sun, and K. D. Paulsen, "Fast and accurate calculation of physically complete EMI response by a heterogeneous metallic object," IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing, volume 43, issue 8, pages 1736-1750, August 2005.
- F. Shubitidze, K. O'Neill, K. Sun, I. Shamatava, and K.D. Paulsen, "A hybrid full MAS and combined MAS-TSA algorithm for broadband electromagnetic induction problem," Applied Computational Electromagnetic Society Journal, pages 112-126, March, 2004.
- F. Shubitidze, K O'Neill, K. Sun, and I. Shamatava, "Coupling between highly conducting and permeable metallic objects in the EMI frequency range," Applied Computational Electromagnetic Society Journal, pages 139-148, March, 2004.
- F. Shubitidze, K. O'Neill, K. Sun, K. D. Paulsen, "Investigation of broadband electromagnetic induction scattering by highly conductive, permeable, arbitrary shaped 3-D objects," IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing, volume 42, issue 3, pages 540-556, March 2004.
- Presidential scholarship for young scientists (Georgia, 1997-2000)
- State Foundation Scholarship (Greece, 1998-1999)
- NATO Advanced Study Institute, Young Scientists Award (Italy, 2006)
Buried Threat: Military Tests Device to Find Unexploded Bombs
December 8, 2011
Dartmouth engineering professor earns DoD Project-of-the-Year award
November 30, 2011