Associate Professor of Engineering
Associate Professor of Engineering1-603-646-8656
- BS, Chemical Engineering, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute 1995
- MS, Environmental Management & Policy, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute 1996
- MS, Environmental Engineering, Yale University 2002
- PhD, Environmental Engineering, Yale University 2005
Infectious disease prognosis and diagnostics; aerobiological processes; methods to engineer soils for greater fertility
- ENGS 156: Heat, Mass, and Momentum Transfer
- Robust detection of P. aeruginosa and S. aureus acute lung infections by secondary electrospray ionization-mass spectrometry (SESI-MS) breathprinting: from initial infection to clearance. Zhu J, Jiménez-Díaz J, Bean HD, Daphtary NA, Aliyeva MI, Lundblad LK, Hill JE. J Breath Res. 2013 Sep;7(3):037106. doi: 10.1088/1752-7155/7/3/037106. Epub 2013 Jul 18.
- Secondary electrospray ionization-mass spectrometry (SESI-MS) breathprinting of multiple bacterial lung pathogens, a mouse model study. Zhu J, Bean HD, Jiménez-Díaz J, Hill JE. J Appl Physiol (1985). 2013 Jun;114(11):1544-9. doi: 10.1152/japplphysiol.00099.2013. Epub 2013 Mar 21.
- Detecting bacterial lung infections: in vivo evaluation of in vitro volatile fingerprints. Zhu J, Bean HD, Wargo MJ, Leclair LW, Hill JE. J Breath Res. 2013 Mar;7(1):016003. doi: 10.1088/1752-7155/7/1/016003. Epub 2013 Jan 10.
- High-throughput measurement and classification of organic P in environmental samples. Johnson NR, Hill JE. J Vis Exp. 2011 Jun 8;(52). doi:pii: 2660. 10.3791/2660.
- Think globally, act locally: Targeting the rhizoshpere to control soil fertility and improve water quality. Giles CD, Hill J.E. American Geophysical Union, Hydrology Section Newsletter 2011.
Lung infection identified using ‘breath-print’
BBC Health News
January 10, 2013
In Dartmouth Engineer Magazine
Faculty: New Profs
TEDxUVM: Nurture Science and Engineering in Youth to Solve our Future Problems