Research Scientist, Thayer School
Research Scientist, Thayer School
- BS, Chemical Engineering, Cornell University 1990
- MA, Liberal Studies, Dartmouth 1994
- PhD, Engineering Sciences, Dartmouth 2001
Biomass conversion; sustainable energy and development; process design and evaluation; integrated food and energy systems; life cycle assessment
- ENGS 36: Chemical Engineering
- ENGS 157: Chemical Process Design
- ENGS 158: Chemical Kinetics and Reactors
- ENGG 174: Energy Conversion
- Lynd, L.R., M. Sow, A.F.A. Chimphango, L.A.B. Cortez, C.H.B. Cruz, M. Elmissiry, M. Laser, I.A. Mayaki, M.A.F.D. Moraes, L.A.H. Nogueira, G.M. Wolfaardt, J. Woods, W.H. van Zyl, 2015. Bioenergy and African Transformation. Biotechnology for Biofuels, DOI 10.1186/s13068-014-0188-5.
- Gerst, M., M. Cox, K. Locke, M. Laser, A. Kapuscinski, 2014. A Taxonomic Framework for Assessing Governance Challenges and Environmental Effects of Integrated Food-Energy Systems. Environmental Science & Technology, DOI: 10.1021/es504090u.
- Laser, M.S., L.R. Lynd, 2014. Comparative Efficiency and Driving Range of Light- and Heavy-Duty Vehicles Powered with Biomass Energy Stored in Liquid Fuels or Batteries, PNAS, 111(9):3360–3364.
- Laser, M., H. Jin, K. Jayawardhana, L.R. Lynd, 2009. Co-production of Ethanol and Power from Switchgrass. Biofuels, Bioproducts, & Biorefining, 3:195-218.
- Laser, M., H. Jin, K. Jayawardhana, B. Dale, L.R. Lynd, 2009. Projected Mature Technology Scenarios for Conversion of Cellulosic Biomass to Ethanol with Co-production Thermochemical Fuels, Power, and/or Animal Feed Protein. Biofuels, Bioproducts, & Biorefining, 3:231-246.
- Laser, M., E. Larson, B. Dale, M. Wang, N. Greene, L.R. Lynd, 2009. Comparative Analysis of Efficiency, Environmental Impact, and Process Economics for Mature Biomass Refining Scenarios. Biofuels, Bioproducts, & Biorefining, 3:247-270.
- Sokhansanj, S., S. Mani, A. Turhollow, A. Kumar, D. Bransby, L. Lynd, M. Laser, 2009. Large scale production, harvest and transport of switchgrass (Panicum virgatum L.) - current technology and visioning a mature technology. Biofuels, Bioproducts, & Biorefining, 3:124-141.
- Dale, B.E., M. S. Allen, M. Laser, L. R. Lynd, 2009. Protein Feeds Coproduction in Biomass Conversion to Fuels and Chemicals. Biofuels, Bioproducts, & Biorefining, 3:219-230.
- Lynd, L.R., E. Larson, N. Greene, M. Laser, J. Sheehan, B.E. Dale, S. McLaughlin, M. Wang, 2009. The Role of Biomass in America’s Energy Future: Framing the Analysis. Biofuels, Bioproducts, & Biorefining, 3:113-123.
- Newton, E., M. Laser, S. Kim, H. Alizadeh, L. Laureano-Perez, B. Dale, L. Lynd, 2008. Recent Process Improvements for the AFEX Process and Resulting Processing Cost Reductions. Bioresource Technology, 99:8429-8435.
- Lynd, L.R., M.S. Laser, D. Bransby, B. E. Dale, B. Davison, R. Hamilton, M. Himmel, M. Keller, J.D. McMillan, J. Sheehan, C.E. Wyman, 2008. How biotech can transform biofuels. Nature Biotechnology, 26(2):169-172.
- Anex, R.P., L.R. Lynd, M.S. Laser, A.H. Heggenstaller, M. Liebman, 2007. Growing Energy, Closing Cycles: The Potential for Enhanced Nutrient Cycling Through the Coupling of Agricultural and Bioenergy Systems. Crop Science, 47:1327-1335.
Mark Laser & Lee Lynd
John Wiley & Sons, 2014
Lee Lynd & Mark Laser
John Wiley & Sons, 2013
- Excellence in Teaching Award, Thayer School of Engineering 2015
- Link Energy Fellowship 1997–1999
- Associate editor, Biotechnology for Biofuels
- Editorial board member, Biofuels, Bioproducts & Biorefining
- Guest editor, Fuel: The Science and Technology of Fuel and Energy (special issue); Volume 89, Supplement 1 (2010); "Techno-economic Comparison of Biomass-to-Biofuels Pathways"
- Session co-chair, 29th Symposium on Biotechnology for Fuels and Chemicals
- Reviewer: Bioresource Technology; Biotechnology for Biofuels; Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research; Biofuels, Bioproducts & Biorefining