Solomon G. Diamond
Assistant Professor of Engineering
Assistant Professor of Engineering1-603-646-1311
- A.B., Dartmouth College, Engineering Sciences, 1997
- B.E., Thayer School of Engineering, Dartmouth College, 1998
- S.M., Harvard University, Engineering Sciences 2001
- Ph.D., Harvard University, Engineering Sciences 2004
Biomedical imaging; functional neuroimaging; physiological modeling; heart rate variability; stroke recovery; Alzheimer's disease
Current Research Projects
- Biomagnetometer instrument development
- Clinical optical-electric probes
- Functional biomarkers for Alzheimer’s Disease
- Neurosimulator for electroencephalography
- Neurovascular coupling
- Wireless neural probes
- ENGS 33: Solid Mechanics
- ENGS 76: Machine Engineering
- ENGS 146: Computer-Aided Mechanical Engineering Design
- ENGS 170: Neuroengineering
- Perdue, K.L., Diamond, S.G. (2014) T1 magnetic resonance imaging head segmentation for diffuse optical tomography and electroencephalography. J. Biomed. Opt. 19(2):026011.
- Ficko, B.W., Nadar, P.M., Hoopes, P.J., Diamond, S.G. (2014) Development of a magnetic nanoparticle susceptibility magnitude imaging array. Phys. Med. Biol. 59(4):1047-1071.
- Perdue, K.L., Diamond, S.G. (2013) Effects of spatial pattern scale of brain activity on the sensitivity of DOT, fMRI, EEG and MEG. PLoS ONE 8(12):e83299.
- Talukdar, T., Moore, J.H., Diamond, S.G. (2013) Continuous correction of differential path length factor in near-infrared spectroscopy. J. Biomed. Opt. 18(5), 056001.
- Giacometti P., Diamond S. G. (2013) Compliant head probe for positioning electroencephalography electrodes and near-infrared spectroscopy optodes. J. Biomed. Opt. 18(2), 027005.
- Burke, B.A., Diamond, S.G. (2012) Measuring cerebral hemodynamics with a modified magnetoencephalography system. Physiol. Meas., 33(12):2079-2098.
- Collier, T.J., Kynor, D.B., Bieszczad, J., Audette, W.E., Kobylarz, E.J., Diamond, S.G. (2012) Creation of a human head phantom for testing of electroencephalography equipment and techniques. IEEE Trans. Biomed. Eng., 59(9):2628–2634.
- Perdue, K.L., Fang, Q., Diamond, S.G. (2012) Quantitative assessment of diffuse optical tomography sensitivity to the cerebral cortex using a whole-head probe. Phys. Med. Biol., 57(10):2857-2872.
- Laxminarayan, S., Tadmor G., Diamond, S.G., Miller, E., Franceschini, M.A., Brooks, D.H. (2011) Modeling habituation in rat EEG evoked responses via a neural mass model with feedback. Biol. Cybern., 105(5-6):371-97.
- Diamond, S.G. (2010) Parametric engineering design: Integrating analytical methods with CAD and simulation (PDF). Proceedings of the 2010 American Society for Engineering Education (ASEE) Northeast Section Conference, paper 173.
- Muehlschlegel, S., Selb, J., Patel, M., Diamond, S.G., Franceschini, M.A., Sorensen, A.G., Boas, D.A., Schwamm, L. H. (2009) Feasibility of NIRS in the Neurointensive Care Unit: A Pilot Study in Stroke Using Physiological Oscillations. Neurocrit. Care, 11(2):288-295.
- Diamond, S.G., Perdue, K.L., Boas, D.A. (2009) A cerebrovascular response model for functional neuroimaging including dynamic cerebral autoregulation. Mathematical Biosciences, 220(2):102-117.
Derek Bok Award for Distinction in Teaching, Harvard University, 2002
- Dean, R. C., Diamond, S., Deneen, E. K., Heermans, A. G., O'Neil, G. B. & Smith, D. S. (2001). In-bed exercise machine and method of use. United States Patent, 6,270,445.
- Dean, R. C., Diamond, S. , Deneen, E. K., Heermans, A. G., O'Neil, G. B. & Smith, D. S. (2000). In-bed exercise machine and method of use. United States Patent, 6,152,855.
- Member, IEEE
- Member, Tau Beta Pi
Thayer Students Tackle a ‘Real-World Problem’ in Haiti
June 4, 2013
Dartmouth researchers study tool for Alzheimer’s diagnosis
November 21, 2011
DS SolidWorks Corp. Announces Winners of Green Design Contest
August 24, 2011
Tomorrow’s Engineers Take Charge of the Planet
Industrial IT (Australia)
November 26, 2010
Innovative Early-Career Engineering Faculty Selected to Participate in NAE Symposium
October 18, 2010
Dartmouth and SolidWorks: from Outrageous Stuff to Commercial Products
October 5, 2010
Tomorrow’s Engineers Take Charge of the Planet
May 3, 2010
Simbex Partners with Thayer School on $3.4m National Infrastructure Resource Award
January 11, 2010
In Dartmouth Engineer Magazine
Mazilu Fellow Explores the Brain’s Response to Real vs. Virtual Environments
Web Extra, October 2013
The Business Case for Sustainability
Random Walk: Diwheel Test
A Thinking Cap
Web Extra, April 2012
A Wall of Pride
Web Extra, February 2012
The New Guard
Random Walk: Twist Car Race
Classroom: Technology Assessment
Engineering in Medicine
Faculty: Thayer Gains Five New Professors
Why Dartmouth for Engineering Ph.D.
Noninvasive Head Probe for Alzheimer's Disease
New Approach to Alzheimer's Disease
Seminar: Advancing Neuroimaging Technology to Study Brain Dynamics