Assistant Professor of Engineering
Assistant Professor of Engineering1-617-777-4031
- Bachelor of Technology, Civil Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology Bombay 2005
- S.M., Transportation, MIT 2007
- S.M., Operations Research, MIT 2010
- Ph.D., Transportation Systems, MIT 2011
Logistics and transportation; aviation; healthcare analytics; healthcare systems modeling; building energy analytics; systems optimization; game theory; data-driven and statistical modeling
- ENGS 93: Statistical Methods in Engineering
- Vaze, V., and C. Barnhart (2012). Modeling Airline Frequency Competition for Airport Congestion Mitigation. Transportation Science. Volume 46, Issue 4, 11
- Barnhart, C., D. Fearing, and V. Vaze (2011). Modeling Passenger Travel and Delays in the National Air Transportation System. Accepted. Operations Research.
- Evans T., V. Vaze, and C.Barnhart (2011). Airline-Driven Performance-Based Air Traffic Management: Game Theoretic Models and Multi-Criteria Evaluation. Accepted. Transportation Science.
- Vaze, V., and C. Barnhart (2012). An Assessment of the Impact of Demand Management Strategies for Efficient Allocation of Airport Capacity. International Journal of Revenue Management, Vol. 6, Nos. 1/2, pp 5-27.
- Barnhart, C., D. Fearing, A. Odoni, and V. Vaze (2011). Demand and Capacity Management in Air Transportation. Accepted. EURO Journal on Transportation and Logistics.
- Vaze, V., and C. Barnhart (2011). The Role of Airline Frequency Competition in Airport Congestion Pricing. Transportation Research Record. 2266, pp 69-77.
- Vaze, V., C. Antoniou, Y. Wen, and M. Ben-Akiva (2009). Calibration of Dynamic Traffic Assignment Models with Point-to-Point Traffic Surveillance. Transportation Research Record, 2090, pp 1-9.
- Rai, R., M. Balmer, M. Rieser, V. Vaze, S. Schönfelder, and K. Axhausen (2007). Capturing Human Activity Spaces: New Geometries. Transportation Research Record, 2021, pp 70-80.
- Pikarsky Award for Best Ph.D. Dissertation in Science and Technology, Council of University Transportation Centers 2011
- Best Paper Award, 9th USA/Europe Air Traffic Management Research and Development Seminar 2011
- Graduate Research Award, Airport Cooperative Research Program 2010-2011
- Best Paper Honorable Mention Award, Anna Valicek Award for Original and Innovative Research in Aviation, AGIFORS 2010
- UPS Merit-based Fellowship, Center for Transportation and Logistics, MIT 2010-2011
- Presidential Fellowship, MIT 2005-2006
- President of India Gold Medal, IIT Bombay 2005
- Served as an invited referee for several major journals including Management Science; Operations Research; Transportation Science; Computers and Operations Research; European Journal of Operations Research; Transportation Research Part C: Emerging Technologies; European Economic Review; Journal of Guidance, Control and Dynamics; IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics Part C: Applications and Reviews; Transport Reviews; and International Journal of Business Analytics.
- Served as a reviewer for proposals submitted to the Decision, Risk and Management Science program of the National Science Foundation.
- Serving as the Secretary and Treasurer of the INFORMS Aviation Applications Section (AAS) (Jan 2013–Dec 2014).
- Serving as the Organizer of the Aviation Stream at the Conference of the International Federation of Operational Research Societies (IFORS) (Jul 2014).
- Served as a member of the selection committee for the INFORMS Aviation Applications Section’s Best PhD Dissertation Award (2013).
- Serving as member of the Editorial Board of the International Journal of Business Analytics (2012–2014).
- Served as a member of the PhD Qualifying and General Exam Committee for two doctoral candidates in the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, MIT (2010–2011).
- Member of the Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences (INFORMS).
In Dartmouth Engineer Magazine
Faculty: New Profs