- I currently serve as the Director of the Master of Engineering Management degree program at the Thayer School of Engineering.
- I am the founding editor of Environmental Fluid Mechanics,
a journal dedicated to basic and applied studies of natural fluid systems, particularly as agents for the transport and dispersion of
- I consult in the areas of energy efficiency and renewable forms of energy, often giving advice to Dartmouth alums and young engineers
who contemplate a new venture.
- When I have time for research, I work on fluid turbulence and turbulent dispersion.
- In the recent past, I also studied the physical oceanography of the
In this context, the form of fluid turbulence that interests me is the so-called mesoscale variability, the weather of the sea.